{scrap room photos - image heavy post)

This has been such a fabulous weekend. I didn't work on any of my homework (I'm ashamed), but I did get a bit scrappy at my monthly Slop Crop (feel free to join me anytime, really) on Saturday. Friday night I helped my mom purge a lot of OLD, OLD, OLD scrap stuff and reorganize some things and ate a delicious dinner cooked mostly by her (I helped a little). Saturday was an all day affair (that's usually how Slop Crops go). Today (Sunday), we slept in late (till 9), then I studied for a little bit, took a cat nap (I NEVER get to do this), showered, took visited the Big Orange Pumpkin Patch for a few hours, then came home slipped into PJs, made a delicious dinner (baked chicken, garlic butter rice, and steamed veggies), and got Harper into bed ON time after watching The Hutchback of Notre Dame and reading 4 books before finally putting her into bed.

It has been a swell weekend. Gavin is now taking a test online. I aced my online quiz, and I going to complete my reading assignments until Gavin is done with this exam, then we will watch either Boardwalk Empire, Dexter, Homeland, Hung or the Walking Dead. We NEVER get to watch television, thank goodness for DVR!

So finally after weeks of anticipation.... I've uploaded images of my scrap room just for you! Enjoy, relish, and roll in it; I love my crafty space. It is still a work in progress. I would absolutely love to replace the Mickey Mouse TV with a flat screen, but HECK it was free, and it works amazingly! I would also love to replace the TV stand that it sits on with another black wire rack like the one in the photos. Those are usually inexpensive (go on sale often at Target), and they are just plain handy dandy. I love the industrial look. I would LOVE, love, love to pain my hutch but not sure what color, and it would be fabulous to brighten up the scrap room with better lighting and a different wall color. This is the color of all the walls in my house except the bedrooms, bathrooms, and office. EVERY room and ceiling in the house though :) - AND I would love to hand some stuff on the walls. I plan to make a 'brag rack' with clips from IKEA, but I just don't have the time or money to invest in little wants like that. The holidays are coming up so I have to start thinking about that!




















4 comments:

Connie Mercer said...

You have a great space to work in~ I noticed the CM stuff~were you a consultant. I was with CM for 7 years.

Gabrielle Watson said...

Hi Connie, thanks for taking a look. It is still a work in progress, but hey, I've made a lot of progress :) - no I've actually never purchased anything from CM. My mom used to purchase a lot of CM, so those carriers are from her. She decided she didn't want them anymore, and I really need a great way to store my stickers/alphas. I had the sticker binder, but I found that it grew MUCH to big and was bursting at the seems. This 8.5x11 paper organizer works wonderfully for my 6x12 stickers and thickers, and whatever doesn't fit, I've stored in an IRIS container :) Thanks for looking!

Ursula Schneider said...

this looks great! So spacious and beautifully organized. and all that wonderful wood!

Keshet said...

LOVE your scrappy room! especially the bins and open storage, I like it that way myself:) Thanks for sharing your story about Harper's heart concern. It's so nice to know I'm not the only one who's been through this and that it can work out just fine!