After some time off for winter break. I'm back in business.
Just a picture of what happened over the last week and half:
- Making dinner for Grandpa every few nights or so...
- Catching the flu and spreading it to several people
- Opening presents the Eve of Christmas Eve with my extended family
- Opening more presents on Christmas Eve with my family
- Opening even more presents on Christmas morning with my sweet daughter and husband, then exchanging gifts later that morning with Gavin's family
- Jetting off to San Antonio with full blown flu from Tuesday through Friday ( I thought I had a bad cold, sinus infection and laryngitis, little did I know...)
- Returned home late Friday evening to my sweet hubby who missed me while I was away
- Finally having a relaxing weekend with naps, ice cream and going out to eat for dinner, such a nice end to my week off from work
- Now when's my next holiday, I want to enjoy this one without being sick as a dog :)
How did you spend your winter break? What goodies did you loved ones or Santa leave for you under the tree?
This year I was spoiled with a 3lb bag of gummie bears, Uggs, movies, and other small trinkets including gift cards to buy my new double stroller for Harper and her little brother/sister. Then I was spoiled all week by my mom in San Antonio, it was so nice to travel and see family even if I was dying :)
Harper got lots of lovely gifts this Christmas. She was definitely spoiled, so we made a pile of giveaway gifts to donate. Santa brought a train table, dress up clothes and a soft Rapunzel. Mom and Dad got her some clothes, Disney Princess barbies, toddler Pocahontas, baby accessories, a role playing cleaning set, and some games. We put together several bags of gently used toys to donate including baby dolls, baby strollers, and other small things. We reorganized her room, and now we are going to go through her drawers and reorganize those and sell her gently worn stuff to Once Upon a Child to buy some Spring and Summer clothes when it comes time. Right now she is still in her 2T clothes even though she is approaching 3; she's just a petite thing.
I hope that everyone's holidays plans went well, and that you were blessed this year. Happy New Year to everyone!!!