{scrappy weekend}

Despite the fact that I have an exam coming up, I took 12 hours out of my busy weekend to scrapbook with some locals gals!!

I had such a fun time.  I didn't get as many layouts completed as I had hoped, but I was also taking care of little Sawyer while making beautiful layouts and entertaining new friends.

As mentioned in last week's post, I started a crop group in Denton, TX that meets on the 3rd Saturday of each month.  Well we had our first 'meet up' and it was amazing.  All the seats were filled, everyone was so insightful, and I felt so motivated by seeing my new friends creating beautiful mini-albums, printing pictures from their iPhones, and making lovely pages for their family and friends.

I finished 3 layouts, using two different kits, the September kit from Gossamer Blue, and the August kit from Citrus Twist Kits!! This is my first month to receive and use kits from these two lovely companies, but I feel so invited and welcomed by them! Their kits are SO, so, so MY STYLE. They are a fantastic mix of colors, materials, and brands! <------- SERIOUSLY!

7 Reasons I love Citrus Twist Kits:
1. LOTS of patterned paper and brand mixing with coordinating cardstock
2. Great set of embellishments this is great because it is often stuff I wouldn't ordinarily buy for myself
3. Exclusive goodies the August kit came with exclusive journal/note cards, stamps, and canvas flowers
4. Chalk Inkers and Mister Huey's I never buy these products on my own, but I love to use them
5. The price is right! It truly is such a bargain for all that you are getting in a kit
6. Options for add ons
7. Design team layouts for inspiration

7 Reasons I love Gossamber Blue:
1. Great patterned paper and brand mixing with coordinating cardstock I love brand mixing, and it's so much easier when someone does it for you
2. Lovely embellishments like one big and one small alphabet stickers/thickers
3. Fancy digital files with each kit for your Silhouette machine
4. The price is right! It is a great deal for what you are getting
5. Options for add ons
6. Lookbook I seriously love lookbooks; not only are they snazzy but they are inspiring and little sneaky peeks of what's in store for next month
7. Super design team inspiration

I uploaded the pictures onto my computer, and I was trying to share them online before going to bed last night, but something didn't quite work, and I can't see them in my albums for some reason, oops!

I'll be posting pictures tomorrow, so you can see how I used my kits, and how I stretched this single page sketch from Citrus Twist Kits!

Whee, how was your weekend? Did you get creative, spend time with family, study for an exam (like I should've)... did you see a movie maybe?  My husband bought Cabin in the Woods, and can you say, freaky? Ick. Not my kind of movie FO SHO :)

Tonight: I have plans with my textbooks, flash cards, babies, and a can of soda to help keep the midnight oil burning! I think I'll scrap for a minute or two (during study breaks of course). I just gotta keep sane despite the INSANE life I've chosen for myself! Thanks for reading and have a lovely one folks!

With Love,
Gabrielle Watson

No comments: