{top 5 embellishments}

Today has been a good day at work, despite my lethargy. I’m tired all the time. Tonight I have plans with my study guides, textbooks, and notes to make sure that I’m fully prepared for the two exams that I have on Monday. Following those two exams, I plan to study for my final in Psychology, fun stuff

My sister was gracious enough to agree to watch my sweet girl tonight for GG and I, so that we can really focus on studying, and Harper can have a fun time with her sweet Aunt May-May. I'm going to pick up my sister from my parent's house, then I'm going to pick up some pizzas for easy dinner tonight, and they will have fun watching holiday movies and playing after bath time.

But who cares about finals, when you have scrapbooking on the brain, eh? I was trying to think of my favorite embellishments to work with, and I have come up with a list of my top 5 embellishment types that I work with each time I craft!!

1. Ribbon and Trim – Oh how I can’t get enough of this Dear Lizzy Rose Ribbon by American Crafts. I’m a huge fan of ribbon and trim on layouts, I’m sure you could tell from all the previous posts of scrapbook layouts with ribbon/trim.


2. Buttons – Button, button who’s got the button? Me that’s who. I have my buttons divided by color in a bead organizer for easy on the go storage. It was super cheap, and it is super easy for find what I am looking for. Some of my FAVORITE buttons include Jenni Bowlin’s Vintage Buttons and Webster’s Pages Vintage Sparklers!



3. Stickers – From cardstock to chipboard, I love sticky embellishments. My go to sticky embellishments are hands down Thickers by American Crafts and Mini Market Stickers by October Afternoon. Also, I can’t leave out my love of Crate Paper and Basic Grey chipboard.



4. Flowers and Details – This is a weird category because it includes anything that slightly resembles a flower to me or something that is stacked, layered, or felt. I really love Bloomers from Basic Grey, Flowers from Prima Marketing, and Details from American Crafts; don’t get me started on paper flowers either!




5. Other Funky Stuff – This stuff doesn’t really belong in any particular category, but I love to use these and see these in other people’s paper crafts! I love these Doilies by Maya Road, Mini-Envelopes, and trinket pins like these Cameos from Webster’s Pages.




Well that’s all she wrote for today, and I certainly hope that you enjoy this little list of fun and creative that I put together!! This is a nice way for me to be a little fun and creative today without actually making anything! Haha. I have to study tonight, so I hope that all of you get to be creative tonight and think of me while you’re doing it!

With Love,

Gabrielle Watson

1 comment:

Jeannie said...

Love those clear buttons. Never saw them before. Thanks for sharing!