{dining room design}



This is my dining room idea swatch. My dining room is currently cocoa brown with a restored antique oak table with black chairs. I have a silver pendant with linen shades, and two armchairs that are faded sage.

Well in my new dining room. I will keep the table and chairs the same. I am going to paint the light fixture matte white and keep the linen shades and just paint a black number on them. I am going to purchase these window panels (they are my splurge, $100 for a pair), paint the walls quarried stone, paint one wall with chalkboard paint, and hang some old wooden shelves on brackets and display B&W pictures in vintage white frames and white-ish plates like these ones from Anthropologie. I love Anthropologie because they have such good style. They are great for inspiring creativity, and personally I don't buy much of anything there because it's WAYYYY over priced, but when there is something that I absolutely cannot live without I will buy it!!! Like these curtains: they are normally $228 for one, and I am buying a pair for $100; awesome deal if you ask me, and they are the most expensive thing in the whole room. The paint will be $20 a gallon; I will eventually get white slipcovers for my chairs, those will be $40 a piece, and hopefully free if I time it right and use my Target gift cards I get :) and then the spray paint for the chandelier ($5) and black acrylic paint for the pillows and shades ($5).

Tell me what you think of my new design :) Do you love it or hate it?

4 comments:

ScrapinFunatic said...

Sounds just beautiful, I want your wooden bench if you decide to get rid of it.

Casey Wright said...

Sounds beautiful - I love the neutral colors :)

Gabrielle Watson said...

Thanks ya'll. Mom, I won't be getting rid of the rustic primitive bench but thanks for the offer. :) We are going to incorporate it into the dining room for the time being, but then when we paint the cross wall we are going to rearrange the crosses and put the bench in the front walk way there :)

Shel said...

I love it! I'm so glad someone can have light colors and textures in their home. It is my dream too, but with three grubby-handed kiddos (whom I love and adore), I cannot have any light colored furniture or linens! :(