{going to sleep}

I'm exhausted right now. I had my lab this evening, which was fun. We talked about the 5 senses; we did a neat experiment. Harper and Daddy got home late, and Harper climbed on top of my chest, and she laughed and would put her face in my chest and scream (muffled) .... then she was just burst into giggly. Gosh I just love my little girl. She is the LIGHT of my life.

I watched a documentary called "Are the Children Alright?" which was about children's mental healthcare system in the State of Texas. It was appalling that there is not enough help out there for children who are mentally ill. There are half a million mentally ill children in the U.S. and only 2/3 of them get the help they need. The documentary brought me to tears when I heard a young boy's earliest memory about being raped when he was 3 years old. It just brings me to tears now just thinking about his life.

Nobody ever thinks about children in these situations. We think about out kids daily. How they are and how we can provide for them. I've never really given much thought to children who have mental illness, and I like to think that children are not abused, but I am seeing children, childhood and babies who live in poverty with rose colored glasses. I feel like I am just a pawn and I can't really do anything alone, but I WANT to HELP these children. What can I do Lord to help these sweet children? I pray every NIGHT for the children who are living in poverty, who are abused/neglected/unloved, the ones who are ill and need help, need to see a doctor, need therapy. Oh Lord, please I beg to you...watch over these children and make them known to people so that they can be saved.

I want to save these babies. I want to see their smiling faces and take them away from the nightmare that I can't even fathom their life is. I was sexually abused for a brief time when I was young, but I can't even wrap my head about a child being raped at 3 years old. It has been a sad and depressing night. It has been an eye opening night.

Today I chose 2 children from the angel tree, and I am going to pick and elderly person tomorrow. I hope that these small gifts that I give them provide them with enough hope to make them feel whole in a very empty life that they may live. Sweet angel babies....peace be with you, this season and all the seasons of every year. I don't know you, but I LOVE you as if you were my own, and I want you to be blessed, be nourished and well taken care of.

May no child of the Lord be lost.

What do you think? If a man has a hundred sheep and one of them has gone astray, does he not leave the ninety-nine on the mountains and go in search of the one that went astray? And if he finds it, truly, I say to you, he rejoices over it more than over the ninety-nine that never went astray. So it is not the will of my Father who is in heaven that one of these little ones should perish.
(Matthew 18:12-14 ESV)

No comments: